Controlling effects

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Pengman

Controlling effects

Postby Pengman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:29 am

The Forte 3 User Manual says 'MIDI Programming Change messages are never sent to insert plugins. This is to reduce cases where multiple effects plugins are inadvertently changing sounds when the user intends to change only the instrument.'

Thats all very well, but it means that, if VB3 organ is my instrument and I disable the rotary sim on it, then apply some effects, the last one in the effects chain being VB3fx with all the drawbars zeroed etc and only the rotary sim enabled, I can't control the rotary sim from the same hard controller that controls the rotary sim on the instrument because the midi programme change message isn't being sent to VB3fx. It must be right to have the rotary sim at the end of the chain (because that's what would happen on the real instrument and leslie set-up), but it's not cool being unable to control it.

Any chance of this being corrected in a future update?

evilantal

Re: Controlling effects

Postby evilantal » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:23 am

I think you might be confusing MIDI program change message with MIDI CC messages.

Even though the insert doesn't register pc's it will respond to midi controllers to control for example rotary speed in real time.

It will also change to different settings upon scene change if the data blob is different in the next scene.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Pengman

Re: Controlling effects

Postby Pengman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:47 am

Yes evilantal , I think you're right. I had another look last night and found that in my VB3fx leslie effect, my 2 Korg NanoKontols where both disabled - once I'd enabled them I could control the leslie in the VB3fx effect using the same knob as for the VB3 instrument itself. So I've got the proverbial egg on my face and should never had posted this item, so apologies to all (and in particular Brainspawn)

Return to “Forte and EHCo”