Rack Size over 2GB!

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

DarkKman

Rack Size over 2GB!

Postby DarkKman » Fri May 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi,

I have just eaten up all my HDD and seen that this is due to the rack I have been updating go from 1MB to 2.5GB (several versions being saved).

The initial rack setup was fairly simple but due to moving to a new laptop had to do a lot of reconfiguration. Setup was;

BUS1: Main Out; Insert: L1 Limiter
BUS2: Insert: AuxBus1 + ClassicReverb
BUS3: Insert: AuxBus2 + Delay
Instrument 1: EnergyXT; Insert: EQ + FreeG Fader + AuxBus1 + AuxBus 2
Instrument 2: EnergyXT; Insert: EQ + FreeG Fader + AuxBus1 + AuxBus 2
Instrument 3: Kontakt 1; Insert: FreeG Fader
Instrument 4: OmniSphere; Insert: FreeG Fader
Instrument 5: Kontakt 2; Insert: FreeG Fader

There are no new audio files or samples but I had to reconfigure the MIDI Routing->Controllers (inserts only) to "No: Do not set plugin configuration when changing to this scene" for each and every scene. So somehow in the process of doing this the rack size became enormous! I may have set a couple of inserts to "Do not set per-Scene plugin configuration (plugin uses what was last saved)".

I have NO idea what has caused this but clearly its a HUGE issue. I am going to try and just rebuild the rack from scratch but don't understand why this/how this has happened.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm sure I'm being an idiot (no comments please) but incredibly frustrated and would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance! :cry:

***edit*** My controller config has also changed hence having to update all the controllers too

Burtan

Re: Rack Size over 2GB!

Postby Burtan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:53 am

Try trimming the rack. It always decreases my rack size.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:03 pm

If you were to open the rack file in an editor I suspect you would see alot of MIDI filtering stuff. If you have lots of MIDI inputs, each one is described for each plugin and for each scene, so that can explode size.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. I did actually try trimming the rack (it actually made it a tiny bit bigger). But I do have a few MIDI inputs in total a fair amount of VST instances (including inserts). I have rebuilt the rack and its all working fine (a little bigger than before ~10MB) but nowhere near the +2GB so just not sure what I did that created the problem... Even though I'm back working as normal again I want to try and understand what went wrong so will go back to the GIANT file and see what MIDI inputs/filters are saved and see if I can work it out... Will be back with feedback later.

Thanks again folks :)

Return to “Forte and EHCo”