FCB1010 Issue

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Bgober

FCB1010 Issue

Postby Bgober » Tue May 06, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm using the BEHRINGER FCB1010 foot controller to send MIDI Note values to my Native Instrument Maschine 2.0 plugin in order to switch patterns. I use a MOTU MK3 828 for my MIDI interface. On my FCB1010 I have programmed switch 2 of Bank 1 to send note value 9 (A0 I think). This would set the Maschine to pattern 9. I setup a scene in Forte to use the Maschine. When I press switch 2 bank 1 on the foot controller the Maschine goes to pattern 9. I go to another scene and un-mute the Maschine. This time when step on switch 2 bank 1 the Maschine goes to pattern 8. The FCB1010 is still sending 9 but Forte sees 8. So I went through many of my scenes sequentially. I would un-mute the Maschine and then using the MIDI monitor in Forte I would watch what note value would come through for switch 2 bank 1. In Forte the value would go back and forth between 9 and 8 and occasionally 7 each time I changed scenes. Anybody have any ideas?

MikeG

Re: FCB1010 Issue

Postby MikeG » Tue May 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Please use the MIDI Monitor window for the plugin to verify what's entering the plugin (this shows the MIDI entering the plugin after all filtering and changes.)

Sent from my HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC using Tapatalk
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Wed May 07, 2014 5:13 pm

That probably wasn't clear in my post but I am using the MIDI monitor window for the plugin. In fact I leave monitor open for the plugin and switch from scene to scene, un-mute the plugin, enable the MIDI interface, go back to the MIDI monitor and then depress the same foot switch and I get the behavior I described.

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Fri May 09, 2014 10:14 am

I was able to switch the Maschine to use program changes instead of notes. I reprogrammed the FCB1010 to send program changes instead of note numbers. That seems to be working well with Forte. Still, would like to understand what's going on with the notes numbers in Forte.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”