CPU usage field is empty

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

bazement

CPU usage field is empty

Postby bazement » Sun May 04, 2014 10:59 am

All of a sudden the CPU usage field does not show anything anymore. This is the case with forte 2 and forte 3. Any ideas?

MikeG

Re: CPU usage field is empty

Postby MikeG » Sun May 04, 2014 2:14 pm

This code uses a windows API called PdhGetFormattedCounterValue

It seems we used to get the occasional report of this issue but I don't recall seeing it show up in several years. If I recall it had to do something with system config. Did anything recently change on your system?

Please do a forum search as well.

Sent from my HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC using Tapatalk
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

bazement

Postby bazement » Tue May 06, 2014 3:59 am

Recently I've been fumbling around with the system audio settings, like deactivating the internal sound card driver, changing the preferences from 96 kHz to 44.1 kHz and stuff like that.

I did that cause I had strange noises, like word clock failures, on a scene change, that happened with Forte 3, Forte 2 was fine. I solved that by changing the VST instrument output options from multiple to single. That's all I did. But even though, the audio is sounding fine, but as soon as I use the VLC media player and forte I have clicks and other digital artifacts, seems to me again like a word clock synchronizing problem.

By the way, I use a Echo Indigo card, Acer Travelmate 4 GB RAM, Windows 7

bazement

Postby bazement » Tue May 06, 2014 11:42 am

Don't know how, but I solved it by rolling back the system. Obviously it was something with the system, thanx for the hint. :D

Return to “Forte and EHCo”