Sustain Pedal Issues

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Theseus Escaped

Sustain Pedal Issues

Postby Theseus Escaped » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi, I'm a new Forte user and new to the forum.

I've noticed a quirk with Forte that I haven't been able to resolve.
When I use the pianos from the NI library using Kontakt, the sustain pedal doesn't work correctly. If I play a key, press the sustain pedal and then release the key, the note sustains, but at about 50% volume. When I play these same pianos in a stand alone instance of Kontakt there are no problems. It only happens in Forte. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Theseus

MikeG

Re: Sustain Pedal Issues

Postby MikeG » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Have you looked at the actual MIDI going into the plugin with the MIDI activity window?

Sent from my HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC using Tapatalk
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Theseus Escaped

Postby Theseus Escaped » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Yes. I don't notice anything unusual.

When I try other plugins such as Pianoteq or The Giant I don't get this problem. It's only with Native Instruments Kontakt Library pianos and their New York grand, Vienna grand, Berlin grand, etc.

Electric pianos, strings, etc. don't have the problem either. Maybe I'll just have to get a different piano plugin. I'm not thrilled with Kontakt's pianos anyway.

Theseus

sosKeys

Postby sosKeys » Thu May 01, 2014 1:34 am

I have the Kontakt pianos as part of Komplete, but Ivory is my main instrument. Coupled with a good controller (I use an S90ES) it is almost as satisfying as the real thing until things things get loud... then it's better.

-andy

Return to “Forte and EHCo”