Switching Presets in Guitar Rig 4 via Sustain Pedal

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

xpansion

Switching Presets in Guitar Rig 4 via Sustain Pedal

Postby xpansion » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Okay, still using Forte 2 (last released build) here. Hoping somebody has a suggestion on how to accomplish the following.

Let's say I have an instrument slot loaded with Guitar Rig 4, and I have 2 presets I need to switch back and forth between. I was hoping I could somehow program it so that the sustain/hold pedal on either my Fantom X7 or my Axiom 61 could be used to switch back and forth between those 2 presets without changing scenes. The latency on the scene change is pretty heavy and just switching the presets on Guitar Rig seems to be much faster.

I'm a bit baffled on where to go from here on it though and I'm hoping this post finds more responses than my last one :o .

BTW: I'll be taking forte back out on stage in 2 weeks for the first time since 2010 and I'm doing MUCH more with it this time (including playing guitar through it).

X

speedinator

Re: Switching Presets in Guitar Rig 4 via Sustain Pedal

Postby speedinator » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:53 am

i remember a youtube video of a tool called "midi expression", where a mapping of a #cc input -> preset change is shown...

ah, there we go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dK8zCR ... redirect=1

xpansion

Re: Switching Presets in Guitar Rig 4 via Sustain Pedal

Postby xpansion » Wed May 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Speedinator, thanks for the reply. I did check this out however apparently this would require me purchasing the Midi Expression product which while it is cool, would add another layer. I was hoping to do this all based in forte/software without the use for any additional hardware. I want to do this through the existing hold pedal on one of my two keyboard controllers I already have wired into Forte.

thoughts anyone?

thanks,

X

Return to “Forte and EHCo”