Problems saving scenes

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

cormacmc

Problems saving scenes

Postby cormacmc » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:02 pm

I've had Forte for about a year now and there are days where I'm about ready to delete it from my computer and drop $5000 for new hardware based keyboards. Other times, I'm thrilled by it but more in concept and of what it's supposed to do. I'm no computer dummy and have a solid grasp on the core operation of the program. What I cannot continue to abide is after working for hours on scenes/racks...finding the right sounds and combinations/settings, I update the unprotected scene and save the rack only to go back to the scene and it is as it was before I started...Oh, and then there are the times where I'll go into the scenes and setlist page to select the scenes I want to use in the set and find that the scene next to the one I just removed from the set just changed to the one removed. And heaven forbid you save the rack after doing so before you realize what had just happened cause then the change is permanent (or until the program perfoms this last action again. I like what the program is supposed to do (and does sometimes) but am very frustrated with whatever bug is creating this situation. I don't have time to waste nor do I need mistaken sounds while playing live. If anyone has some insight, I'd be forever grateful!

Burtan

Re: Problems saving scenes

Postby Burtan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:42 am

I have experienced some inconsistencies with the scene manager as well. Best is to report your problems, the more detailed, the better, that Mike can take care of it.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi Cormacmc. If there is anything you can do to help me reproduce this I would be happy to fix it.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

sosKeys

Postby sosKeys » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:47 am

Hi Cormacmc,
If you go to Options/General Options and set the Default Rack Save and Default Backup Rack Save locations, you should provide a basis for recovery from at least some of your issues.

One thing that was difficult to learn was that, every time you make a change (to a scene), you have to FIRST update scene, then save the rack (maybe put off until a few scene changes are made, but when you are ready). This workflow is now ingrained for me ;-)

-andy

dougalex

Postby dougalex » Thu May 01, 2014 1:00 pm

I would much appreciate having the following :

1] a status indicator on the rack, that indicates one of these two STATUSES:

2] In rehearsal mode, do not warn me unless I have actually edited the scene!
(and the waning should give option to proceed as follows "Change scene after saving changes to current scene" or "Change Scene, Don't Save Changes", and of course "Cancel" button to do nothing and stay on current scene)

yewhanbaker

Postby yewhanbaker » Wed May 14, 2014 12:22 pm

I've been facing similar problems. Particularly when choosing the 'checked scenes' in Setlist Manager. Some scenes over-write others while retaining the original scene name... Also when I delete scenes it gets messed up in the same way. Also when trying to re-order the scenes - scenes get overwritten as well. Then sometimes I will go to another scene and then return to the messed up scene and it's working again!!
What's that all about?? :evil:

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:23 pm

dougalex,

The problem with this "STATUS" idea is that Forte has no idea if you changed a knob setting within a plugin UI - that's why I've deliberately not included it.

yewhanbaker,

If there's a very specific recipe for causing this problem, can you do a step by step from a new rack file to help me get there and get it fixed?

Thanks,

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

dougalex

Postby dougalex » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:07 pm

Return to “Forte and EHCo”