How to prevent guitar samples loading

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

bigalminal

How to prevent guitar samples loading

Postby bigalminal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:48 am

I have two instances of the same guitar loaded into two scenes in Forte. One scene is set to pick and the scene is set to strum. When I flick from the strum scene to the pick scene, Forte loads the samples again even though I've set the rack config to "Set plugin configuration if it is different from the previous scene". There is a difference as the strum button is engaged in the strum scene, and the pick button is engaged in the pick scene. I guess this is enough to make the plugin reload. But it takes too long to load (about 3 seconds) and I am wanting a seamless change from picking to strumming. How can I prevent the samples reloading please?

MikeG

Re: How to prevent guitar samples loading

Postby MikeG » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:41 pm

Does the plugin respond to program change? If so you could set it up to NEVER load on scene change and instead use the program change on scene change capability in the same panel.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

bigalminal

Re: How to prevent guitar samples loading

Postby bigalminal » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi Mike. Thanks for responding. No, I cannot change within the program, although the developers say this could happen in a future update. Is there any possibility of adding to Forte a 5th option in the rack view "Yes set configuration but do not load samples?"

Return to “Forte and EHCo”