Forte 3 'stopped working' last night

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Pengman

Forte 3 'stopped working' last night

Postby Pengman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:38 am

At last night's gig, I hit the keys for the last number and - nothing! Glancing down at the screen I saw a ' Forte has stopped working' alert box. No time to reboot it and get it working again, but luckily one of my controllers is a Kawai stage piano, so I was able to produce some sound (although not the rehearsed sound). However, I am planning to move to a 100% midi-controlled VST rig, so if this happens in the future I'll have nowhere to go. To be fair though, this is the first time it has happened in 10+ gigs. I'd spent some of the last few days adding new VSTs and tweaking Forte settings so maybe that had something to do with it.

If I knew why Forte had crashed, maybe I could take steps to ensure it doesn't happen again. Haven't 'stress tested' my set-up yet, so guess I'd better do that ASAP. Any other suggestions?

MikeG

Re: Forte 3 'stopped working' last night

Postby MikeG » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi Pengman,

I know you can't send a crash report from that setting, but if you could figure out how to reproduce it that would be good. Are you aware of the stress test tools and other things in Forte to help you wring out your rack?

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”