Status of Frontier Tranzport support

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

evilantal

Status of Frontier Tranzport support

Postby evilantal » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:46 am

Hi Mike,

Can you confirm that forte support displaying of scene names on the LCD of the Frontier Design Tranzport in the latest version (as seen in the forte 3 manual)?
I'm looking into maybe getting one, but it will only be useful for me if it correctly displays scene names.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

MikeG

Re: Status of Frontier Tranzport support

Postby MikeG » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:08 am

I haven't messed with that one in a while but the code hasn't changed much. Let me see if I can dig it out.

You may be interested to know that there are no Win8 drivers for Frontier - they seem to have shifted business plans into IOS apps. I loved the Tranzport.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Ah, ok. No problem.

Thanks for the heads up...no win7 support would be a show stpper for me, so I think I'll look elsewhere...
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:26 pm

I was able to install the driver on Win 8.1 but the trick is you have to run the installer in Win7 (or Vista) compatibility mode.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 am

BTW, I did find a bug in the Tranzport support displaying scene names - fix coming soon.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:22 pm

I have released a beta with a fix for this (www.brainspawn.com/go/beta)

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:46 am

Thanks, Mike. Although I don't have a Tranzport (yet), the fix is much appreciated!

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Thu May 01, 2014 6:42 am

Mike, does this mean forte can now send the current scene name to any other device?

I'd like to use TouchOSC to control forte, but there would have to be a way for forte to communicate the current scene to a label in the TouchOSC template.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sun May 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Unfortunately not. The Frontier device uses a nonstandard sysex mechanism to transmit the scene name.

Sent from my HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC using Tapatalk
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Mon May 05, 2014 1:39 pm

There also appears to be a Lemur template for Mackie Control that displays the scene names (read it in a post on this forum, but can't find it now due to the internal server errors :()

Isn't there any way to hijack those sysex messages or something else to get those scene names to the TouchOSC bridge?

speedinator

Postby speedinator » Tue May 06, 2014 3:48 pm

hi evilantal,

(this may be going a little off topic :wink: ): i am also trying to control forte by using a andorid tablet (app: dawosc). Have you been able to connect touchOSC to forte by using the Mackie Control surface definition? Right now i am using echo for Midi feedback, which is working fine, but not really what i am looking for...
Keep us updated, if you find out more.

Maybe i will have a little free time on the weekend and try setting up Dawosc to mackie control surface by using this mackie control midi map: http://home.comcast.net/~robbowers11/MCMap.htm

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Wed May 07, 2014 1:49 am

Thanks speedinator!

Found out (after the internal service errors we're remedied) that the Lemur template wasn't used with forte but with another DAW, so that's a dead end.

I'm also working with someone to find a working solution for this using a python script that reads the text file with scene names outputted by SceneView in combination with TouchOSC.
I'll keep you posted on the progress!

Return to “Forte and EHCo”