Forte on MS Surface 2?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

mcgoo

Forte on MS Surface 2?

Postby mcgoo » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi.

I just got a Surface 2... I didn't get it for music, but was wondering if anyone has had any luck installing & using Forte on one. I tried to install it & got an error message saying it couldn't run on that pc. Dead end, or is there a way around, and if so, is it worth the trouble?

thanks,

greg

speedinator

Re: Forte on MS Surface 2?

Postby speedinator » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:54 am

hi mcgoo,

if you only have a surface 2 with a ARM based processor (Tegra 4) and not a surface 2 pro with x86 based intel Processor it won't be possible to run forte, nor any other x86 based programs... but in generall running forte on a (powerful) tablet is a very nice idea. i am planing to move to a tablet based setup next year when a new generation of processors will make even tablets powerful enough for live vst-playing ;-)

best, speedinator

mcgoo

Postby mcgoo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:51 am

Hi Speedinator-

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it's just the basic Surface 2, not the Pro. Oh well, perhaps something for the future. 'Guess I'll have to settle for my trusty ol' Laptop for now. :)

thanks,

greg

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:22 am

I just bought a Surface Pro 2 with the express purpose of using Forte to play vsts in a live situation. I have Music Labs Real Guitar, Real Strat and Real Les Paul. I bought a Logitech Guitar Hero controller which is also wireless so I'm on my way with a vengeance.The Surface Pro 2 used with Forte is a killer combination and the Music Labs guitars sound fantastic. My aim is to play the set up in church as I lead praise and worship. My wife's comment when I told her was - "but it (the Logitech controller) will look funny because it doesn't have any strings!!" Being a techno freek, that doesn't worry me a bit, and people being people, most probably won't even notice. My advice - sell your RT and buy the Pro 2. You won't regret it.

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:45 am

Hi. I've just bought a Surface Pro 2 specifically for use with Forte. I'm running Music Labs Real Guitar and have a Logitech Guitar Hero controller to drive it all. It's working really well and I'm in process of learning fret positions with the idea of live performance. I have also bought TC Helicon Harmony singer for use as part of the package.

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:00 pm

I just bought a Surface Pro 2 with the express purpose of running VST's live. It works very well, but is a model after yours unfortunatley.

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:11 pm

I am using a Surface Pro 2 with Forte. It is quick and convenient ie it has a small foot print. I am running Music Labs Real Guitar as a live instrument using a Logitech guitar controller which is wireless. I have managed to get 10 meters away and a wall in between before it will drop out. The Surface Pro 2 is a serious music machine, and my advice would be to trade your original Surface in and get the Pro 2. You wont regret it.

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:26 pm

I want to appologise for the three posts. The first two were delayed for some reason and now suddenly all three have appeared at once.

mcgoo

Postby mcgoo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:17 pm

No worries! Good to hear it's working well! Inspiring possibilities!

Return to “Forte and EHCo”