jBridge settings request

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Ben H

jBridge settings request

Postby Ben H » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:12 am

Hi,

Is there any possibility of making the "Enable jBridge" option only bridge the VSTi's that require bridging? Because currently it creates duplicates of everything (which is quite annoying).

It would be MUCH better if it only bridged plugins that required bridging. E.g. If I have am running 64-bit Forte with 64-bit plugins, then I don't need a jbridged 32-bit version. Same as if I have 32-bit Forte with 32-bit plugins, then I would only need the 64-bit plugins bridged.

At the moment I have to run the external jBridger application and select the VSTi's that I want bridged, and uncheck the "Enable jBridge" option in Forte to avoid this problem. But it seems a bit silly, when this functionality can be directly integrated into Forte.

Thanks,

Ben H
Last edited by Ben H on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

mschnell

Re: jBridge options request

Postby mschnell » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Of course, at best, a jbridge alike functionality would be integrated in Forte, so that the 64 bit version seamlessly can handle 32 Bit VSTs.

Another option might be a kind of wrapper (i.e. a "personal jbridge") for each 32 bit VST to be used so that Forte 64 is seamlessly sees as a 64 Bit VST.

-Michael

Ben H

Re: jBridge settings request

Postby Ben H » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:14 pm

I don't mind having to use jBridge.

It was cheap enough to purchase as is functionally stable (unlike a lot of the wrappers that are included with DAWs). So I don't really see a great need for Forte to re-duplicate this functionality all over again.

What I don't like however is the fact that when ticking the "Enable jBridge" option in Forte it has to duplicate everything...

Example posted here:

See how all my 64-bit plugins have been duplicated?

What I would love to see is the existing jbridger options included in the forte plugin manager options, so that I don't have to worry about running the jbridger tool externally in order to avoid duplicates.

jBridger tool options:

New Forte Plugin Manager mockup:

Pretty please, can you implement this Mike?
Last edited by Ben H on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

mschnell

Re: jBridge options request

Postby mschnell » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:28 am

Ben H

Postby Ben H » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:18 am

mschnell

Postby mschnell » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:07 pm

I did not know that you can use jbridge "stand alone" without Forte telling that you do.

Good to know.

Thanks,
-Michaerl

Ben H

Postby Ben H » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:50 am

mschnell

Postby mschnell » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:20 am

Supposedly without checking the jbridge box in Forte.

Seems easy. Hence this Checkbox just is a little bit confusing :D

-Michael

Return to “Forte and EHCo”