Forte 3 with Focusrite hardware no sound

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Marco73

Forte 3 with Focusrite hardware no sound

Postby Marco73 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:25 pm

Hello, I used forte 2 for about 2 years. I spent last months upgrading my gear: put a SSD in the laptop, bought a focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and update to Forte 3. I tried to create new racks and everything is all right, but if I open old racks I have no sound and no midi. I tried to open old racks using the laptop audio out and everything works.
So here's the problem: with Focusrite hardware using plug-ins inserts causes no audio and no midi.
In fact if I delete the inserts also the old rack works. I hope there's a solution to this strange problem.
I use a HP Pavillion Dv6 with I5 and 4GB of ram, Windows 7 professional, Scarlett 2i2, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, Forte 3.2.12.
Sorry for my bad english.

Dirk Offringa

Re: Forte 3 with Focusrite hardware no sound

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:41 am

Hi

Did you upgrade to the latest version? There's a fix for Focusrite hardware in that release.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640#p22948

Cheers
Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Marco73

Postby Marco73 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:29 am

Hello Dirk,
thank you for you replay. I'm using the latest version, in fact the Asio driver works well; the problem is the insert manager. If I put a plug-in as insert (in a bus or in an instrument) the audio stops and the midi doesn't work, till I delete inserts.
It's a bit frustrating can't use inserts.
Hope someone can solve.

Marco73

Postby Marco73 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:01 pm

I've found a solution. The Scarlett is seen also as a wdm device, so I tried to use Asio4all instead of Focusrite driver.
It works well, the problem with inserts is gone. Hope this could be usefull for someone.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”