Anyone experience with forte and Automap?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

evilantal

Anyone experience with forte and Automap?

Postby evilantal » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:16 am

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new 61 key controller. And the Novation Remote SL MkII has caught my attention. Especially with the LED rings around controllers including feedback from the host.

I'm wondering how the integration between forte and Automap is now. I read that people have got both working together, but I'm looking to get some pratical questions answered.

- Say I have forte setup with three Automap wrapped plugins. Would it then be possible to switch between controlling forte itself (via ControlSurfaceDefinitions) and each of the three plugins? How would I go about doing that from the controller?
- Does plugin feedback from forte work with Automap so the LED rings would update when parameters change when changing scenes?

Any help from Automap users would be appreciated. I'm just wondering if I would benefit from buying such a controller. It is obviously more expensive than a regular controller with only MIDI functionality.

Thanks in advance,
Antal
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Return to “Forte and EHCo”