crash in latest beta 64bit

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Volker Grosch

crash in latest beta 64bit

Postby Volker Grosch » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi Mike,

I saw there was a new beta with a fix for problems in the x64 version downloaded it and made some tests. The result was that the problems I observed are still there. I had 2 crashes within some minutes. My test was a rack with 4 instances of Halion 4 and Omnisphere each switched to not loading sample content on scene changes & 2 times DIVA and 1 times FM8, Sylenth1 and OP-Pro II / JP6K (both with jbridge). The crashes occoured after 2 or 3 sessions. To describe a session: in each session I created a bunch of 6 new scenes, tried to trim the rack and save it again. The first session is always o.k. but when I try to trim the 2nd or 3rd (if a crash didn`t happen after session 2) I get a crash without the possibility to send a crash report (there is no dialog). Only for information purpose: I did these tests befor with the same result and also tried to find out if a certain plugin could be the reason for this but it could be reproduced independently from the disabled VSTi.

Hope this can help on further investigations,

kind regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

JulienS

Re: crash in latest beta 64bit

Postby JulienS » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:10 am

Hi,

Alas, the latest changelog didn't mention that this specific bug was fixed, so it wasn't quite a surprise. I depend on this bug too.

Maybe Mike could give us an indication about the possibility of fixing it in a near future, this would help us to decide whether it's worth waiting, or if it's better to switch back immediately to 32 bits.

Converting the rack back to 32 bits will be a lot of work. If I will be extremely pleased to hear that the bug is fixed soon, this will be lost work anyhow. On the other hand if it isn't, I'll have to do this at the last minute which isn't good either :)

But let's keep hoping :)

Julien

MikeG

Re: crash in latest beta 64bit

Postby MikeG » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 am

This mysterious crash is a big deal to me. Several people have seen it but I've not reproduced it yet. I'm waiting for some user-submitted crash dumps for analysis.

See http://brainspawn.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... s_Manually

I think this crash in particular happens with the rack streaming is turned off but doesn't cause the normal crash submission dialog to pop up. therefore, its necessary to turn on local dumps using these instructions above (the 2nd set with the registry modification).

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”