Forte 3 could be just around the corner...

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

musiclee

Forte 3 could be just around the corner...

Postby musiclee » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:39 pm

it's been a while since the last beta, Oct 3, i believe,
maybe Mike and gang have nailed this one, and it's almost perfect.
and that's why we haven't seen a beta in almost a month ??

MikeG

Re: Forte 3 could be just around the corner...

Postby MikeG » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:01 pm

The rate of change is slowing down, which is good.

There is a new beta out now.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

musiclee

Postby musiclee » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:56 am

Mike

The only reason the rate of change is changing, slower and slower..
Is because I'm not testing out version 3. Lol
If I had v3, itwould change a whole lot, for the better of course.

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi,

to be serious: Forte 3 isn`t really ready to my mind. There are still some issues that make it difficult to use.

1) The integration of jBridge doesn`t work in any way for me. Indenpendently on the plugs I try to scan I get a crash of forte after some scanning time. Forte seems to implemnet a host for EVERY detected plugin which makes no sense for me: I agree it`s very useful to bridge 32Bit plugs to a 64Bit Forte envirement. It also makes sense to bridge 32Bit plugs to a 32Bit host for memory allocation aspects but why making available 64Bit plugs in a 64Bit host? Btw: I have no chance to make OP-X Pro II available to forte 3 64Bit via jBridge which definitely works in other hosts).

2) When scanning the plugs without activation of jBridge in Forte I can get a proper setup. I can also use the detected plugs like I`m used to from Forte 2. The strange thing: when I reopen "Forte Plugin Managers" the folders "VST Plugins", "Ignored Files" and "Crash Log" are empty. This was new for me and doesn`t seem to make much sense (specially Ignordes Files and Crash Log are more or less necessary for analysing the non - function of a plugin?).

3) I got several crashes of Forte 3 without the possibilty to send a crash report (maybe this could also be a reason, why Mike is receiving only few error reports?)

4) At least the "double clicking Panic-Button bug" is still available.

To my mind there are still some footsteps to go,

kind regards, Volker

P.S.: if I`m wrong in some aspects and the main bug is sitting in front of my screen, please let me know... :wink:
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

Return to “Forte and EHCo”