SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

l.john

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Postby l.john » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:59 am

I've seen in the manual downloaded with the demo, that FORTE requires at least 1,5 ghz CPU :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have a 1,3 ghz notebbok with 1 ghz of ram; I'm trying your product with GRAND, B4, FM7, PRO53, HALION, ABSYNTH, ATMOSPHERE, but my scenes are maximum with two of'em.....do u really think it's not enough?

thanks

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:50 am

That 1.5GHz number is probably out of date. I think the web site says 800MHz. We'll change the manual.

Thanks,

Mike

bburtin

Postby bburtin » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:34 am

You guys don't give yourselves enough credit. I've been using forte on a PIII-550 and a PII-400. Your code may be more optimized than you think! :o

Boris

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:10 pm

Cool!

I've been playing with VTune as well and the 1.3 mixer will have some SSE enhancements.

Honestly, one reason for setting a high CPU requirement was that it equates to 'newer' systems which may have fewer issues (ACPI, DMA, APIC controllers, Windows XP compatibilty, etc.). It was basically a support issue, plus we didn't want people buying it and not getting performance due to our requirement being too low.

Mike

Return to “Forte and EHCo”