Noisy Output

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

uncaduncad

Noisy Output

Postby uncaduncad » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:52 am

This could totally be me, but it appears at some point my Forte started generating noise in the outputs. I use and Echo Layla Laptop for audio. Outputs 1/2 are used with Forte. Outputs 3/4 in Sonar for Drum Loops to the house. Output 5 to the drummer for click track. If I pull up Sonar alone, no noise. As soon as I pull up Forte, I get a high pitched buzzing noise. I'm sort of forced to use WDM, because Forte won't let you choose specific outputs not to use in ASIO, although Sonar will (?). I've tried running just Forte and still noise. When I do switch to ASIO in Forte, different pitched noise. Please note, that in WDM mode, Sonar is using Outputs 3-8 and Forte is using 1-2. Sometime it sounds like a Sample rate issue, because when I tweek Sonars Audio Options, the noise will sometimes change frequencies. I don't remember this happening with the last version of Forte.
What's weird is when I mute the DXI's/VST's the noise drops out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:10 am

Could you configure your log file for "information" level (see preferences), rerun the program, generate the noise, then post our log file here?

I'd like to see your audio config.

Thanks,

Mike

uncaduncad

It'll be tonight..

Postby uncaduncad » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:24 am

Won't be home until 5PM CST...i do it then.

Thanks for all your help!

uncaduncad

Not doing it now....

Postby uncaduncad » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:00 am

I created a new rack, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. To make a long story short, I can't reproduce the problem.

Will post if it happens again.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”