Substituting a Plugin..

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

pedrosura

Substituting a Plugin..

Postby pedrosura » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:46 pm

I don't know if anyone has had this problem but have you ever had a case that you have a plugin that has been updated to a new version and you want to substitute the new plugin for the old one. I understand that the plugin may not work correctly but at least you would keep the midi port mapping.
For example I have the OBX-PRo II and the OBX Pro. I would like to substitute the new one. I have pretty complex mapping and I would love not to have to remap on all the Scenes and Songs. Any ideas????

Thank you. Pedro

Volker Grosch

Re: Substituting a Plugin..

Postby Volker Grosch » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi pedro,

I had a similar case in the past. I used the module copy function for this and in my case it worked flawlessly. You should be sure to have a proper copy of your setup (there is even a hint in the software to do so!). In the preferences page you can chose which parameters shall be kept and which not (for instance it doesn`t make sense to copy plugin data if you want to substitute a plug by another one). The main advantage is that all scenes are updated in one scatch.

good luck and regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

pedrosura

Re: Substituting a Plugin..

Postby pedrosura » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Thank you Volker. It worked! forte rocks!

Return to “Forte and EHCo”