Still buggy - disapointed

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

damo76

Still buggy - disapointed

Postby damo76 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:06 am

Hi Guys,

Still having random forte lockups... the worst part about it is that the forte.exe process won't terminate even though the forte screen disappears.. What this means for me live is I have to reboot the damn lappy every time forte crashes... The rest of the guys are cracking it bad with me saying I need to get new gear etc.

Any advise would be much appreciated.. at the very least some help on how to kill forte.exe so that I can restart the appp

kind regards,

Damo

Volker Grosch

Re: Still buggy - disapointed

Postby Volker Grosch » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:28 am

Hi,

not a fix for the inner problem but probably a help to restart forte after a crash: did you try to stop the forte.exe process in the process folder of the task manager (alt/strg/del)?

regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:50 am

Hi

If forte.exe doesn't terminate, than you probably have a driver problem. Uninstall and reinstall your drivers (update them in the process to make sure you have the latest versions).

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:56 am

I had this problem with my previous setup. In my case it was the MIDI driver of my audio interface not terminating/not releasing the forte process.
Restarting the drivers by turning the audio interface off, then on again always fixed things for me....
Still not an elegant solution, but it beats the hell out of rebooting every time ;)
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

sosKeys

Postby sosKeys » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:26 am

You could switch to Windows 7... my system (x64) crashes very rarely, but when it does, I can restart Forte immediately.

-andy

Return to “Forte and EHCo”