jBridge and Forte x86 on an x64 machine?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Moderato Maestoso

jBridge and Forte x86 on an x64 machine?

Postby Moderato Maestoso » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi guys,

Has anyone used jBridge with Forte (32 bit) on a 64 bit machine, to take advantage of multiple instances of 2GB RAM?

I'd be interested in hearing if it's stable.

All the best,

Martin

Volker Grosch

Re: jBridge and Forte x86 on an x64 machine?

Postby Volker Grosch » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi,

yes, I`m using it all the time on a Q6600 machine with 8 GBytes of RAM and Vista 64 and also tested it on a smaller Laptop with 4 GBytes of RAM on Win7 x64. The reason why was I wanted to use Halion 3 and Omninisphere with heavy load. So I separated 3 or 4 instances of Omni and Halion each to have up to 2 GBytes available for each application. Works without any problems here so far.

reagards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

yamus

Re: jBridge and Forte x86 on an x64 machine?

Postby yamus » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:27 pm

I use jbridge this way too. Windows7 x64, running forte x86 (v2.x platform). I use the selective jbridge loading feature to load only the plugs that use a lot of memory via jbridge (i.e. Kontakt,other sample-based stuff). The synths and small memory footprints I load directly into forte and bypass jbridge. Works for me.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”