Midi Controller Latch with Forte and ECHo?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

xpansion

Midi Controller Latch with Forte and ECHo?

Postby xpansion » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Is there a way to "latch" a controller dynamically if using Forte and ECHo? For example, I'd like to be able to map it so that kicking my momentary switch (hold, sustain, whatever you want to call it) would set a specific CC number to 127 when pressed and released, then set it back to 0 if pressed and released again. This is mainly to kick the speed on the rotary speaker effect on NI B4 II fast and slow, however there are other ways I could use this as well.

This is a feature that is available when using the dual momentary footswitch on my old Ensoniq EPS-16+ with the rotary speaker effect on it. I got really used to "kicking" the speed up and down and have missed that particular feature ever since I retired the Ensoniq from my live rig.

thoughts?

xPansion

fab

Re: Midi Controller Latch with Forte and ECHo?

Postby fab » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 am

have you tried the "toggle" column in the midi controller tab?

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Yes, that's exactly what this is for (B4 rotor!)
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

xpansion

Postby xpansion » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:17 am

And works like a charm as well! Thanks for the answer.

Jim

Return to “Forte and EHCo”