Update from 1.6 to 1.7 free of charge?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Furillo

Update from 1.6 to 1.7 free of charge?

Postby Furillo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi!
New to the forum, and planning to buy Forte shortly (like many others, I've given up on Kore), I'd just like to ask whether the upcoming 1.7 version will be available free-of-charge for 1.6 owners? Or should I hold off until 1.7 is out?
Thanks in advance!

Best regards from Sweden,
Mattias
Hardware: HP Spectre x360 i7 8GB 512GB, 2 x M-Audio Keystation 61, Roland UM-One, Kenton Midi Merge-4, Roland Integra-7, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack
Software: Forte 4, EHCo, NI Komplete 9 + some extras, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Keyscape

MikeG

Re: Update from 1.6 to 1.7 free of charge?

Postby MikeG » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:03 pm

I have deliberate not set a policy on updates in general to preserve my flexibility. However, I can tell you this update from 1.6 to 1.7 will be on an "optional" pay system. If you find value in the update and which to support generally low cost updates, you may voluntarily choose to pay for the update.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:20 pm

really? you are going to hold the vista 1.7 update for ramsom? i've just purchased forte recently, and that seems rediculous to me.
L

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:56 am

I'm sorry. Your post sounds combative, but I can't figure out how an optional pay system is in any way offensive. No update is being held ransom. Its not ready yet, but that's different.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”