Missing Hex Editor in EHCo (Collecting feedback on this one)

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

beatlab

Missing Hex Editor in EHCo (Collecting feedback on this one)

Postby beatlab » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi all,

how can I achieve to access a user Performances of my Fantom XR per Scene?
For example Perf. 1 with Scene 1 Perf. 2 with Scene 2 etc.

It´s no problem to send Program-Changes on different Midi-Channels per Scene Change, but as I have already a lot of
"ready to play" Performances in the Fantom it would be easier to acces them directly.
In my Fantom Editor I can see the Hex Dec Codes for the Performances but I don´t know how I can tell ECHo
to send them per Scene.

I´m sure this is possible and maybe it´s a stupid question, but I tried this for some hours now without any success.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by MikeG on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: bug investigation
Forte 4 64bit - Win 10 Pro |Asrock Desk Mini | i7 6700 | 32GB DDR4 | 512Gb SSD NVME Samsung Pro| RME-Babyface - Halion 5, REFX Nexus, UVI Falcon, Sampletank 3, Native B4, Vengeance Avenger

beatlab

Re: ECHo with Fantom XR, accessing Performances

Postby beatlab » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Additional Info:

When I add a Sysex or a Midi Data message there doesn´t appear any Editor where I can put it in.
The same when highlighting it and press "edit"... nothing happens...

Only when I add, Bank/Prog Change, Controller Change or Wait - Message , I get an editor where I can put in the data.

I´m using ECHo 1.112 and Forte 1.696

Regards
Simon
Forte 4 64bit - Win 10 Pro |Asrock Desk Mini | i7 6700 | 32GB DDR4 | 512Gb SSD NVME Samsung Pro| RME-Babyface - Halion 5, REFX Nexus, UVI Falcon, Sampletank 3, Native B4, Vengeance Avenger

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:03 am

Are you using the demo of EHCo or the full product? I ask because I have heard reports of the sysex hex editor not showing up in the demo.

Perhaps there an issue here. What you are trying to do is possible in EHCo.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

beatlab

Postby beatlab » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:58 am

I´m using the full Version.

Just noticed that I installed ECHo on a different partition than Forte.
Could this e part of the problem?

I´ll try to deinstall completely and install again.
Will let you know if this helps.

Regards
Simon

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:35 pm

Look in your EHCO install directory and make sure there's something in there called HexEditor.dll or HexEditor.ax or something (I can't remember)

Also, make sure you install from an Admin acct.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

beatlab

Postby beatlab » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:45 am

The HexEditor.dll is there and I installed as Admin.

De-Installation and Installation again doesn´t change anything.
Strange thing is when I de-install and remove all ECHo related Registry entries manually.
ECHo won´t be realized by forte at all after new Installation.
Even with re-profiling there is no chance. It always stays in the not recognized folder.

By reloading the old registry it will be recognized again but no Hexeditor ...

Regards
Simon

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:40 pm

This works on my system. Is anyone else unable to edit hex data in EHCo?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:26 am

One more thing to try:

What happens when you click on the Sysex Prefix button [...] up in the main part of the EHCo UI? Does a little dialog show up there to type in hex or not?

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

beatlab

Postby beatlab » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:43 am

No, it´s the same with prefix. It happens absolutely nothing when I click on it.

P.S: I think the name of this thread should be now something different because it looks like a Fantom related problem.
Is it possible to rename it , or should I start a new Thread called "Problem with HexEditor" or something like that?

black_tears

Re: Missing Hex Editor in EHCo

Postby black_tears » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem with the Hex Editor.

If I click the edit button, while "System Exclusive" or "MIDI Data" entry is selected nothing happens.

Also no Sysex Prefix Window opens.

The Hexeditor.dll is available.

My System:

Windows XP SP3

Echo 1.1.12
Forte 1.6.96

AMT8 - Midi Interface

Regards

Andre

MikeG

Re: Missing Hex Editor in EHCo

Postby MikeG » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:32 am

Thank you for the report. I'm getting pretty concerned about this one. It seems like a recent problem, and I'm wondering why it started all of the sudden.

I noticed you are using XP SP3. What OS is everone else using that is seeing the problem?

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

beatlab

Re: Missing Hex Editor in EHCo (Collecting feedback on this one)

Postby beatlab » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:43 am

I´m using Win XP Pro SP2

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 am

Just an update on this. If you are experiencing this problem still, contact me at the support email and I'll email you a new build of EHCo. I hesitate to make this an official release because there's one coming up anyway.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

keyplayer

Postby keyplayer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:22 am

Just wondering if there is any update to this thread, I've just purchased the full version of EHCo and am also experiencing this problem.

XP Pro sp3

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:30 am

I've been hesitant to do a full release of EHCo because we are so close to a bigger release.

However, you can download a fix here: https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.a ... 65a57da89d
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

keyplayer

Postby keyplayer » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Installed the fix but now pressing the sysex prefix button in EHCo produces this error message -

Error: detected unregistered HexEditor.dll. Could not LoadLibrary on 'D:\Program Files\brainspawn\EHCo\HexEdit.dll' Please report this to support.

Would be extremely grateful for any help, I really need this functionality!

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:32 am

Yes - the new code does throw this error. However, it should then forcibly register the HexEdit control and use it. Are you saying that the hex editor still doesn't come up after the warning box?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

keyplayer

Postby keyplayer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:49 am

No, it doesn't. Any subsequent attempt to use it just produces the same error message.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”