Need some help with cc7 or cc11

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

Ken

Need some help with cc7 or cc11

Postby Ken » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:03 pm

Yamaha XS8 controller USB to Windows 10 Dell Studio XPS lt. Should be simple enough to map a volume pedal plugged into the controller, shouldn't it? Why is this getting frustrating?
Manual has been read through and I understand how it's done but why isn't it working?
Just one vst is good enough for now - Arturia Analog Factory - I'll get by with that for tonight.
Tried the midi map on that gui - selected chann 1 - selected controllers - dbl clicked on cc7 (and tried cc11) - trained/found . Can't set max and min levels unless I change from 127 to 126 or from 0 to 1. Then it still won't work.
What have I missed? ?

Angel

Re: Need some help with cc7 or cc11

Postby Angel » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi Ken,

please give us some more clear information:

- Which MIDI CC is the Yamaha sending? CC7 Channel Volume? On which channel?
- Learning the controller on Forte's MIDI Routing tab did work?
- When you click on the MIDI monitor tab, what do you see when moving the controller on the XS8?

What actually does not work?
- Setting min/max resacling in Forte's MIDI routing tab?
- Does your Arturia plug-in react/ not react on the controller? Is the Arturia plug-in itself configured to receive or act on CC7?
- If you click on remap in Fortes MIDI routing tab do you see a list of Atruria plug-in parameters to assign?

Best,
Angel

Ken

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Angel, trying again in Lounge Lizard. Same thing.
When selecting new I see the window pop up to activate the device or controller in this case. It registers and shows up here. I tried entering the min , max and init levels but they won't stay. Unless that is a default setting? I can't find any info in the manual about this.

Angel

Postby Angel » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:41 pm

No problem here at me, regardless which plugin. Did you press enter or return after entering a number?

Ken

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:53 pm

So, I right-clicked on CC11 and it brought up a pull-down for controller choices.

Didn't know about that...

Chose global volume and that was it.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”