All-In_One Computers

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

pedrosura

All-In_One Computers

Postby pedrosura » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:36 pm

I am in the process of buying a new computer to use for music and playing Virtuals synths through Forte.

I came accross a computer that costs $1300.00 It's a 21 inch All in one computer with i7 3.2 ghz Intel process 16 gb Ram ddr
touch screen and 2 tb 7200 rpm hard drive. I seems that it would be fairly fast and I could set it up next to my main keyboard on
a pedestal. It comes with Windows 8 64 bit installed. Does anybody out there have experience with this computer? and or Windows 8 64 bit?

I strikes me as a good deal. The 17 in laptops that have looked at with the same specs are $1600 TO $1700...

Thank you..

Pedro

Burtan

Re: All-In_One Computers

Postby Burtan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:46 pm

To me this computer looks quite decent. RAM and CPU is great. 2TB space is fair enough but I would consider SSDs as system and sample drives, which are quite affordable nowadays (dunno if you can change it manually on that all in one computer). Although there are some reports that Win 8 performs better than Win 7, I cannot confirm this for Forte 3 x64. Instead I've experienced more instabilities that I'm now back on Win 7.
Finally, remember that the best performance on lowest cost you only get by bulding your own machine.

dbrendon

Postby dbrendon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Hello,

I am currently working with Windows 8 64. It is working, but I haven't tested quite enough to consider it gig-ready. I'm hoping to use it for a gig this weekend.

As far as an all-in-one, for some time I used to use a 'small form factor' computer and monitor, but I found that at too many gigs I experienced power issues that caused the computer to crash. I used a battery backed-up PSU for awhile, but that added a lot of weight to my rig. I then moved to a laptop with an external USB sound card and I've found it to be very reliable.

Hopes this helps,
- David

pedrosura

Postby pedrosura » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Thank you.. I am getting it. It it fails as my music computer I got other uses for it. ILl post back. It will take me a long time to load my vsts! We shall see..

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”