Use of midi with multiple input

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

steo_berto

Use of midi with multiple input

Postby steo_berto » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:45 am

Hi everybody!

I need an other question:

I would like to buy a new midi interface. Do you think it is possibile to connect three input midi devices (1 PIANO AND 2 PEDAL ) in parallel to the midi interface ?

I need this cause i cannot connect the sustain pedal to the piano since chat it does non work correctly.

Do you think it Is possibile?

Burtan

Re: Use of midi with multiple input

Postby Burtan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:21 pm

What do you exactly mean? Parallel would mean 3 devices, 3 inputs? Yeah that should work. Serial would mean 3 Devices, 2 Midi Through, 1 Input? Don't know if that would work.

steo_berto

Postby steo_berto » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:08 pm

Ok thanks far your ansie i will try to explain :

Actually my sustain pedal, for some inexplicable reason does not work if i connect it to the piano and then the piano to the midi.

For this reason what i d like to do is the following: be able to connect with a multiple input midi interface the following devices:
- sustain pedal proel
- swith pedal (to change from a scene to another)
- piano casio cdp100

To do that i need two informations:
- which midi interface should i buy?
- how should i setup Forte in order to make him recognize both sustain and switch pedal?

Thanks for you help!

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:25 pm

The sustain pedal and switches won't send any midi signals. You need a device which transforms the signals into midi messages. There might be some, which can be connected to your computer via usb, then you won't need a further midi interface.

steo_berto

Postby steo_berto » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:33 am

Ok now this is clear. I can the purchase a device that should convert pedal signals in midi signals.

But then, will forte automatically recognize the pedal or should I set something up?

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:29 am

The sustain signals (CC64) will not come from the same midi port as the piano note commands. Thus you must enable both ports.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”