Midi Feedback of Plugins

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

hisdudeness

Midi Feedback of Plugins

Postby hisdudeness » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:39 am

Dear all,

I once wrote a how-to regarding Bus control in Forte with a Novation Remote SL with Midi Feedback.

I wonder wherever it`s also possible to get Midi Feedback also from the VST plugins out of Forte to external hardware controllers. Do I need EHCo for that? Has anyone already tried to "automate" external Midi controllers that way?

Thanks a lot and best regards
HD

Burtan

Re: Midi Feedback of Plugins

Postby Burtan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 am

vsts support this via host automation. Kore used this to create a 2-way controller. I dont know if forte can do this. But there are some ideas for useable interfaces to achieve this easily, afaik.

ChristianRad

Re: Midi Feedback of Plugins

Postby ChristianRad » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Just because you are assigning a CC to a parameter, that doesn't mean that it's the same message, that is send by the plugin, if you move the parameter with your mouse or change it in an other way.
I used Logic to get behind that. There are some cool monitor features and as far as I can tell you for the native plugins, they don't send regular CCs. They are sending "fader values" which you have to transform (use the transformer in the environment) to a CC. If you do it like this, midi feedback works perfect!

I'm wondering if forte has this function implemented. For me midi feedback of the plugins is very important...

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”