Rack Issues....

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

daddyrnr

Rack Issues....

Postby daddyrnr » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:03 pm

I have recently purchased Forte w/Echo and have set up my scenes and they work flawlessy on stage. For my soft synths I have 2 Axiom Pro 61's that I am trying to use for Live performance. What is happening is as soon as I start Forte the New profile wizard comes up asking to remap my midi ports or what I call "hardware addresses" so that I have to change the rack every time I open Forte to get it to work right for that nights performance. I can plug the Keyboards and my sound card into the same ports every time and power up in the same order but when I start the rack, I always have to remap them. Fortunatly I still rely more on my hardware synths while I work out the rest of the bugs with my soft synths

Is there someway to save or change a setting so this does not keep happening? It is a pain to spend 5 minutes before every show to remap the rack.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dirk Offringa

Re: Rack Issues....

Postby Dirk Offringa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:52 am

Hi

The upcoming forte3 release features many improvements in profile management (amongst others). Although Mike didn't fix a realease date, I believe I can at least say that it'll be here "in the near future", so it's best to wait for the upgrade and see if this is still an issue.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

fab

Re: Rack Issues....

Postby fab » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:42 am

i solved that recently by getting a midisolutions 4 in 1 midi merger and using my multiface midi port as my only midi input.

it is partly a windows problem and i got tired of keeping track of usb midi ports disappearing and reappearing. i had these issues with my laptop in all hosts i used (repaer, midi-ox...), because with a laptop there is too much configuration change going on.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”