A question about BUS 1 Fader Volume

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

trivial105

A question about BUS 1 Fader Volume

Postby trivial105 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Hello everybody.

I usually control the Bus 1 Fader volume with a slider of my masterkeyboard and it works very good. there is only one problem: on every scene change the fader reuturns atuomatically on his standard position on 0db (obviously, it's the scene setting!). can I force it to stay on the position I put it on the previous scene?

substantially, I wish set the BUS1 fader volume free from the changes that happen on SCENE CHANGE, like what I can do with instruments and effects checking "Do not use per-Scene configuration data"

Sorry for my english, I hope I was clear.

Bye!

hisdudeness

Re: A question about BUS 1 Fader Volume

Postby hisdudeness » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi,

I and a few other users here were having the same problem and the best solution seems to be using an additional plugin on that BUS called FreeG from Sonalksis:

http://www.sonalksis.com/freeg.htm

This plugin allows to also adjust the volume with some extra features but most of all you can then mark the option "do not use per scene config" and it stays always independent of the different scene settings.

Best regards
hisdudeness

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Yes, that's the proper way to do this. You can also use brainspawn's automated fader, it cannot add additional gain, but it does have volume ramping so you won't get zipper noise if used with a midi controller while playing. Also, the module fader is always last in the chain. Using a plugin is a more flexible way, you can put it anywhere it's best. (This does make a difference depending on what sort of processing you use).

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

trivial105

Postby trivial105 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:21 am

Thank you very much!

last question: is there a way to active this "fader" in all scenes CONTEMPORANEOUSLY, i've more than 30 scenes! :?

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:51 am

Yes.

step 1: trim rack (needed to register the plugin for all scenes)
step2: open rack editor, browse to the plugin, check the "bypass" checkbox on top of the "bypass" parameter column

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

trivial105

Postby trivial105 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:38 pm

thank you again 8)

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”