Forte 2 Demo and EMU 0404 2.0

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

Al07

Forte 2 Demo and EMU 0404 2.0

Postby Al07 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi there,

I downloaded the demo version of Forte 2 to test it's functions. Unfortunately I can't start the program when my audio interface ( emu 0404 2.0 ) is switched on.
The Screen with "initialiation process" appears but then nothing more happens. If I turn of my EMU 0404 the is no problem to start the Forte demo?

Can someone give me some hint?

Greets
Alex

yamus

Re: Forte 2 Demo and EMU 0404 2.0

Postby yamus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Is this the EMU USB version? I have the EMU 0404 PCI version and it works fine with forte. Not sure what might be causing your problem though, wish I could offer something more. One thing you might try is making sure no other programs are trying to access the sound card at the same time. Particularly, make sure Windows Media player and things like that are closed before trying to launch forte. If you can get forte to open with 0404 enbaled, then go to the Options screen and make sure you select the ASIO version rather than the WDM version of the driver, that may help. I'm assuming in all of this that you're on a Windoze machine... if Mac, I have no idea.

-M

Al07

Postby Al07 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:11 am

Thanx for the reply.
Yes it is the EMU 0404 USB -Version. My System is Win7 x64. I have no other programs like mediaplayer etc. opened.

It also crashes:
If I start Forte without the Soundcard switched on. If I then switch the Soundcard on and got to Options->Preferences -> and go then to Audio Options to select my soundcard the programm crashes (nothig happens more) and I have to shut It down via TaskManager.

yamus

Postby yamus » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi,

You may be experiencing a problem with the drivers. It doesn't appear EMU/Creative have come out with Windows7 x64 drivers for your sound card yet. They do have beta drivers specifically for the 0404 PCI/PCIe located here: http://connect.creativelabs.com/emu/default.aspx. You might want to keep your eye on that site, as when they have beta drivers for the USB version of the 0404, they'll probably get posted there before the main site. Many times the Vista x64 drivers will work with Windows7, but since they did come out with updated drivers to the 0404 PCI/PCIe, my guess is they will come out with drivers for the USB version soon.

If you can try another sound card, maybe you can find out if that's the problem.

Good luck.

-Mike

Al07

Postby Al07 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:55 am

Finally I solved the problem :D
It seems that it had to to with some user rights in my music-profile on win 7 - I reinstalled the emu drivers when i was logged in the music profile and now it works.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”