Midi-Translator for Windows 7 needed

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

ab_keyboards

Midi-Translator for Windows 7 needed

Postby ab_keyboards » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:01 am

Hi,

I've worked with "Maple Midi Tools" for 2 Years now and everything went fine.

Now I changed to a new Laptop (Dell Studio 1747) with Windows 7 (64Bit). On this new system Maple doesn't run anymore. I've found "Bome's Midi Translator Pro" (http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/) in the net that seems to fit my needs. Does anybody know this program and is it worth the price (59 €)?

I just need a software that "translates" my incoming midi-hardware-devices (5 changing keyboards) to 3 virtual midi ports. I use this that I do not have to reconfigure forte's midi-in-data everytime I use another keyboard.

Explenation: At home I configure my forte-racks with the keyboards Edirol PCR-M 80 and Korg SG-pro X (midi-cable to PCR-M 80). So I need the USB-Input-ports "PCR-In 1" and "PCR-Midi-In". These two ports are routed in Maple Midi Tools to "Out 1" and "Out 2". In forte use the Input Ports "Maple 1" and "Maple 2". When I'm with the Band I have the Keyboards "M-Audio Axiom 61" and "Doepfer LMK 3" (midi-cable to Axiom 61). This time I route the USB-Input-ports "Axiom In 1" and "Axiom In 2" in Maple to "Out 1 and "Out 2". The 3rd USB-input is a "CME Widi-X" which is alwas connected to the Laptop - so no problem with this. With this configuration I can switch me keyboards, configure Maple and start playing.

Maple worked solid and had nearly cero latency, now I need a substitude for this which works under Windows 7 (64 Bit). Can "Bome's Midi Translator Pro" do this job or does anybody have another idea.

Thanks.

Sorry for so many words and my bad englisch.

fab

Re: Midi-Translator for Windows 7 needed

Postby fab » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:00 am

ab_keyboards

Postby ab_keyboards » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:47 am

I tried Midi-Trix. I can see all my Midi-Ins, but only "Micorsoft GS Wavetable Synth" as Midi-Out. How can I route the incoming data to Forte?

fab

Postby fab » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:20 am

as you probably know, you need virtual midi ports - if you can't install the maple tools ports on windows 7, try midi yoke or LoopBe....

Angel

Postby Angel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Try out Bomes Midi Translator Pro. I'm using the Pro Version for all sorts of weired MIDI filtering and mapping. MT Pro comes with its' own virtual MIDI ports.

Bye,
Angel

ab_keyboards

Postby ab_keyboards » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:49 am

I tried MT Pro yesterday - it works. Thanks to both of you for your help.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”