Effects Plugins loaded off during import of the scenes

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

maan

Effects Plugins loaded off during import of the scenes

Postby maan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:55 am

Personally, I'm using a plugin compressor and a limiter in every scene, which happens every time I import one scene to another rack of effects plugins are imported off, can they fix this ? thanks. 8) 8)

MikeG

Re: Effects Plugins loaded off during import of the scenes

Postby MikeG » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 am

If the new scenes you are importing don't have those plugins in them, it is normal that they be disabled. The goal is to avoid changing the sound of the imported scene if at all possible.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

maan

Postby maan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Hello, You did not understand me, when I import the scenes of another rack, they had the compressor and limiter on the other rack also :)

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon May 03, 2010 7:04 am

Can you email me both the rack file you are importing from and to? Please also include specific directions for a single scene that does this and I'll take a look at it.

send it to support_at_brain....

Thanks,

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

maan

Postby maan » Mon May 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Ok ! Thanks.

hisdudeness

Postby hisdudeness » Tue May 04, 2010 9:15 am

Hi,

that's funny since I experienced that as well in the last days.

I have a Gain control plugin (FreeG Stereo) loaded on the master out BUS which is enabled in all scenes. When importing a scene from another rack (where this plugin also exists and is enabled for that scene) I appears disabled when imported.

Another thing which I noticed with that issue:
When having a rack with let's say 40 songs/scenes and I load the plugin (the gain control) on the master bus and set it to NOT change with scene changes it won't change indeed. But it will be DISABLED in every scene until I clicked through 40 songs/scenes enabling the plugin in each and save/update each scene.

I also tried to solve this with the Rack Editor, went to Buses-Bus1-Plugin but here I can see only those scenes which I have already updated by enabling this plugin for this scene. So this way doesn't make any sense either.

Another question to Maan: What kind of limiter do you use on your Bus? Just being interested. Thanks!

Best regards
hisdudeness

fab

Postby fab » Tue May 04, 2010 10:23 am

i guess you need to "trim rack" to make the plug appear in all scenes. then you can enable it in the rack editor.

hisdudeness

Postby hisdudeness » Wed May 05, 2010 4:17 am

Thanks for that hint very much Fab!!!!

Indeed: after trimming the rack the plugin appears in each scene in the rack editor! This will save a lot time!

Best regards
hisdudeness

maan

Postby maan » Wed May 05, 2010 7:21 pm

Hisdudeness, I'm using the "Modern Compressor" and "Modern Limiter," this site below, these plugins are wonderful, one to enhance low frequencies, and another to cut the peaks, put the two together in every scene. See this site below. Actually there is no sounds bad, sounds bad there are worked out.
See you soon at all
8) 8) 8)
http://antress.er-webs.com/

maan

Postby maan » Wed May 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Mgarret, I echo the words of Mr.. Hisdudeness 8) 8) 8)

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”