Hammerfall not seen on startup?

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

bsamuels

Hammerfall not seen on startup?

Postby bsamuels » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm using an RME cardbus/Multiiface interface running on a sony VAIO , 2.3 ghtz, 4 gig RAM, Windows 7. Not always but too often, on startup I get the audio option window saying no hardware found. Upon hitting okay, the program loads correctly recognizing the interface and everything is fine. Why am I getting this window? My application is a Broadway Show and while it's not a huge deal to workaround, it's annoying to have this screen appear when it seems the intterface is being recognized.

Volker Grosch

Re: Hammerfall not seen on startup?

Postby Volker Grosch » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:51 am

Hi,

I use a hdsp/multiface myself and have no problems so I can only give you some aspects to look deeper into details:

1) Does the case of missing HDSP Inteface also show up with other host applications? In this case the reason would be the hammerfall. I remember to have had this issue with older drivers (a save indication on this was a flashing red led on the multiface).

2) Could it be that forte is started to early? The hammerfall needs some seconds for startup. I specially think of an automated start of forte in the menue...

Only my 2 cents,

good luck and regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

bsamuels

Postby bsamuels » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Thanks for your reply. I believe your reason 2 might be appropriate. I am having Forte startup on bootup and have optomized my system so very little else is starting up. It would make sense that Hammerfall is slower to start which would explain why okaying the dialogue leads to no problems. I need to use the auto start. Any thoughts on how to overcome this small problem without canceling auto load?

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Run a startup script?

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:15 pm

VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi,

I think this will do the trick:

http://batchrun.outertech.com/index.php ... oduct&id=1

It is a freeware batchconverter and for such a simple application it is nearly self-explaining as you only have to save the batchfile into the autostart folder. But however there is a manual implemented.

regards, Volker

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Hmmm, I think that for such a simple script it's unneccessary to spend 29$... just insert a delay (using ping -n for instance) and start forte as you would do on the command line

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi Dirk,

maybe I have overseen something, but to my mind batchman is clearly described as freeware on the webside. I downloaded it and it runs without problems. I agree that the tool is much more than is needed in this case. On the other hand it is very intuitive to use - specially for a "non programmer" like me. :wink:

reagrads, Volker

bsamuels

Postby bsamuels » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:03 pm

Thank you all for the info. I did some elementary programming in college but have lost touch with the skill.

Bruce

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”