Frontier Tranzport

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

bubbi000

Frontier Tranzport

Postby bubbi000 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi

is it possible to use the "big Knob" on Tranzport as Master Volume Controller?
And why are Mute and Solo on the Transport without Function?

Regards
Klaus

MikeG

Re: Frontier Tranzport

Postby MikeG » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:31 am

I certainly could be, but since it would only control one bus, I didn't figure that would be very attractive.

You can define your own control surface in XML for it and not use the built in one.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

bubbi000

Postby bubbi000 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:13 pm

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Learn the MIDI events that are transmitted by the TranzPort, and then refer to the example control surface definitions (look in your install dir or the app data dir for forte)
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

bubbi000

Postby bubbi000 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 pm

I dont understand this XML Stuff

Where is the Definition for Tranzport, there i can change the values of the wheel or not?

Klaus

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:24 am

The definition for the Tranzport is built in, so there's no way to modify this. This is legacy: originally there was built-in support for this device long before more universal Control Surface support was added. Maybe this should be harmonized some day (get the CS definition for the Tranzport out of the core code and into the xml file)

In the meantime, like Mike said, either learn the midi events (maybe they are in the Tranzport's manual) and set up your own definition. There is a Control Surface editor available, but it's still in pre-release state, you can use that as a start but you might want to correct some stuff by hand in the xml file anyway.

Sorry, I can't help you out more than that, maybe someone esle could jump in and get you started......

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”