Behringer BCF2000

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

MartiBlartFast

Behringer BCF2000

Postby MartiBlartFast » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Please can somebody point me in the right direction with my Behringer BCF2000 (this may apply to other control surfaces as well).

When I use it standard mode, I can't control the instrument outputs on Forte's main screen, only midi controllers within the plugins.

When I use it in Mackie Mode, I can only control the instrument outputs on Forte's main screen. The 8 sliders do this, but the buttons and rotary pots don't appear to be usable anymore.

Is there a way that I can have the best of both worlds?

MikeG

Re: Behringer BCF2000

Postby MikeG » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:36 am

There is, but you would have to define a control surface definition for it. I have a BCF2000 but chose to implement the more basic Mackie because it was sort of a standard.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

MartiBlartFast

Postby MartiBlartFast » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:55 pm

2 Questions Mike:

1. Is it hard to do? (my, that's a subjective question, I mean complicated, I don't mind if it's a long-winded and boring task, but is it complex?)

2. Are there any Control Surface Definition files that I can use as a starting point ?

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Sure - open up the factory definitions file in the install directory (an XML file) and edit that. There is a CS defn editor on the wiki, but there are a few outstanding bugs with it.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”