"Automapped" Native Inst. plugins working well with Forte

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

Melies

"Automapped" Native Inst. plugins working well with Forte

Postby Melies » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:37 am

Hello everyone,

I am new on this forum (but a French Forte user since version 1.6 and now jamming with version 2.1) and I red a few posts about issues with "Automapped" plugins. I recently bought a Novation Remote SL MkII (with Automap Pro v3.3) and I did some testing inside Forte (the music Software I use the most - I simply cannot live without it now, congrats to the developper for the work !).

I would like to share the fact that the "Automapped" counterparts of Pro 53 and FM8 from Native Instruments are working very well inside Forte (but it seems that only these plugins are available with the Automap functionality, others, like Korg Legacy are not recognized). It is a dream come true as I do not have to think about mapping controls (at least for these 2 plugs) and I really hope that all the automapped plugins could be recognized as well in the future (and if it is possible for NI instruments without doing anything, it may be not to long to implement...). Automap and Forte are really a killer live combo ! (I will vote for the implementation of these feature in a next version of Forte).
Of course, at the moment, it is possible to use "Automap Midi" to control plugins within Forte, but it is far from being the most practical way of doing (a little time consuming...).

Some tech information on my setup :
Forte 2.1 (Producer Ed.) running under Windows XP SP3 on a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop
MOTU 828 Mk3 + 8Pre
Novation 49SL MkII

Kind regards

Melies

Re: "Automapped" Native Inst. plugins working well with Forte

Postby Melies » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:01 pm

OK little update following tests done today...

MS20 Legacy -> OK, Novation Automap is working fine
Minimonsta -> OK, Novation Automap is working fine

I found that Automapped plugins do not appear in the quick find list when you want to add a plugin. You have to use the search function (top of the popup menu) and add the plug to your rack...

So far, it seems to work quite well with the above examples. I really like that !!

I have other tests to do with some other plugs (my list is quite extensive) but it looks good... (at least for the moment)

To be continued...
Cheers

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”