scene change > battery vol will set back to zero>Rehearsal M

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

Thepoet

scene change > battery vol will set back to zero>Rehearsal M

Postby Thepoet » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:36 pm

while saving the rack or scene change i get a pop up saying "Rehearsal Mode in enabled to protect you against losing change scene. you may avoid this prompt by turning off Rehearsal Mode in options menu? Do you wish to change scenes?"

no either if i say ys or no it will do the same over and over again. i even shut disable Rehearsal mode but it goes back.

some times when i go back to any scene change > battery vol will set back to zero. all midi and routing are set right.

is there any way to fix this because i have a gig this sat.

any help would be lovely.

thanks

nj1

Thepoet

Re: scene change > battery vol will set back to zero>Rehearsal M

Postby Thepoet » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:06 pm

also even if close forte and open it up it will go back to Rehearsal Mode and i get the same pop up again

i would like to shut down that Rehearsal mode instead

here a video link for you guys to see
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=60510329

note ...i got the battery vol under control

Thepoet

Postby Thepoet » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:54 pm

o my god this NEED TO BE fix as A.S.A.P.

i save my rack .now it wont save vanguard preset and no sound coming out of it at all :cry: it also does it with other vsti outrageous.

i even did it from a new rack same preset,layout, midi map etc. im trigger vanguard but no dam sound coming out. i just spent money on this software and now im in BIG trouble for this weekend event.

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:19 am

Hi

As with all of these "parameters not being saved" problems, try editing DeviceCompatibility.xml, first, and please report back the results. And make sure you update
a scene before changing scenes . Sorry, this IS obvious, but well, some people just forget. That's what the rehearsal mode is for. From what I read, you say your parameters are not saved, and Rehearsal Mode keeps on warning you about this, so you try to switch off the warning.

There's not much we can do to help you out with so few informations. Being a beta tester yourself, as you mentioned before, I guess you can agree with me that a "help, my stuff doesn't work, thanks" is likely to get a "well, yeah, here it does" answer ;-)

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:16 am

I watched your video (got halfway through only, sorry); indeed Rehearsal Mode seems to switch back to "on" by itself. I cannot reproduce theis on my machine. You can switch it off manually in the option.ini file.
If , when RM is switched on, the warnings keep popping up, that is because one or several plugins report diffent datasets when asked to dump the data. There are several reasons for this behavior: some plugins add a timestamp, some save ppq or realtime tempo data: there's nothing to be done about that.

The rack scrolling back to the top is a known issue (there are other places where this 'to the top" thingy appears as well, I agree it's annoying.)

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Thepoet

Postby Thepoet » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:21 am

thank you Dirk
Thank you for the help don't mind me cuz im being pressured by some people.
i have 2 work around 1 is untick it before i start anything (rehearsal mode) 2 switch it off manually in the option.ini file :wink:

thank you i really needed the help. if there any prob i will post a video link. the other video link i posted earlier has been taking down. for now on if there a prob. i will post a video up which can be a lot faster to I.D. as soon i get back from the party i will put a team together and start making a vst plug- in mixer so that way battery , guru or any vsti that has lots of audio ch. in order to use 3rd party plug ins to add your own fx to that ch. pan two. this can take time.

this sat will be wild my friend will be filming the whole set. no one in the tri state area (so far) never heard of forte and never ever been played it on the big projector. there will be lots of software developers, ablation, reason,torq etc. there. i will contact you and the rest of the user on how it went plus the video link.
the people on the dance floor always wounder what the hell that dj/Performer doing. (please note i haven't sean anyone in nyc, nj, pa every done it yet) so technically its a world record.

i know this is off topic but i am just giving you guys heads up :wink:

wish me luck . the ver i will be using is build 2.0.119

vsti as followed
energyXT VST 1 in a rack
Battery 4 in a rack
z3ta+ 1 in a rack
Vanguard 2 in a rack
discoDSP Discovery 1 in a rack
Sylenth1 2 in a rack
pro 3 1 in a rack
Albino 1 in a rack
Tone2 Gladiator 1 in a rack
Rapture im not sure yet

i would love to use guru but its to many bugs.

thank you

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:44 am

----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”