M-Audio MIDISPORT 2X2

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

csldp03

M-Audio MIDISPORT 2X2

Postby csldp03 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:18 am

I'm trying to load a 1.6 rack into 2.0, but am getting the error message:

Warning: EHCo configured to use unavailable MIDI output port "Out-B USB Midisport 2x2". Disabling output.

This rack worked fine in 1.6. Other racks have upgraded without a hitch. I tried Midi-Ox and the port is working fine. Here's the log:

Process Terminated Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 10:44:10 PM
===== END RUN =====

===== START RUN =====
Started C:\Program Files\brainspawn\forte 2 Performer Edition\forte.exe
Performer Edition Version 2.0 build 100
Start Time: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 10:44:16 PM

OS = Microsoft Windows XP build 2600 Service Pack 3
DirectX version = 4.09.00.0904

User Name: David Pope
License Key: 5A098

DirectShow Buffer Configuration = 256 samples per channel, 1 sample buffer(s), 48000 samples per second

Caught thrown exception in FilterInfo.cpp, line 1944: Error: Exception encountered on M1 IPersistStream->Load()

I've attached the rack file as well. Any thoughts?

MikeG

Re: M-Audio MIDISPORT 2X2

Postby MikeG » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:55 am

I would just go into EHCo after the rack loads and reassign it, and resave the rack.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

csldp03

Postby csldp03 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:04 pm

That's what I ended up doing. It was a pain in that difference scenes would crash at different times. In other words, I cycled through each scene once making changes as needed, ran through again and different scenes would flake out. I finally got through them all, but it took a long time. At least it's working now. Thanks!

csldp03

Postby csldp03 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm thinking that the MidiSport is not working well with forte. After working on several scenes over the course of an hour and a half, the program fritzed. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to save frequently and lost a lot of programming. The program gave me an option to report the incident, but I was not connected to the internet at the time. When I restarted, the MidiSport was shown as not available. I had to shut down, connect the MidiSport to a new USB port and then was able to see it. I'm using an Emu 2x2 that has never given me any problems. I have another on order. I'll let you know if the issues go away.

csldp03

Postby csldp03 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:05 am

I replaced the MIDISport 2x2 with another Emu 2x2 and no longer have these issues. One things that has cropped up is stuck notes on my Z1, but that may be due to directing two external keyboards and sustains to it. Must be something about the MIDISport that forte and EHCo don't agree with.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”