Seperate Busses on SB Audigy ZS

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

mburnett

Seperate Busses on SB Audigy ZS

Postby mburnett » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Have been gigging with Forte for a long time now and like it a lot. I use two midi control keyboards and would now like to separate the outputs of each. I assigned each of them to a bus and the volume display on each bus seems to correspond OK. I have each bus assigned to an output pair for the Audigy ZS card but I can't seem to be able to get Bus 1 to go to Audigy Out 1/2 and Bus 2 to Out 3/4. I have the interface set to WDM in options. Anybody done this successfully?

umd

Re: Seperate Busses on SB Audigy ZS

Postby umd » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:26 pm

I don't use creative lab's drivers in my audigy, but if you're into modular stuff like bidule and energyxt you could give kx drivers a try in your soundcard. Besides providing 48khz/24-bit asio, you can do that very easily with those.
Free midi plugins .

Dirk Offringa

Re: Seperate Busses on SB Audigy ZS

Postby Dirk Offringa » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:47 am

Hi

The way you describe the situation, it looks like you've done things correctly as far as routing in forte is concerned. If you can actually see the level-displays reacting differently for each bus and according to what you expected to be there, it should work.

The only thing I can imagine is that there are options in the soundcard's setup (control-panel) to be tweaked (eg: maybe the two pairs are mixed together on the card's onboard hardware mixer, if there is one). I don't know this card, so I can't check.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”