Latest M-audio FW410 driver issue

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

v1b3zman

Latest M-audio FW410 driver issue

Postby v1b3zman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:33 pm

After installing the latest M-audio FW410 driver for XP service pack 3, Forte is unable to find the midi driver for this device. It took me two gigs to figure this out because the new M-Audio driver works great with all my other programs. After totally uninstalling the new and re-installing the old driver Forte finds it no problem. I recommend not installing the updated driver if you use the FW410 as a MIDI interface. Hope they fix this in the next version of Forte.

MikeG

Re: Latest M-audio FW410 driver issue

Postby MikeG » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:12 pm

----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

v1b3zman

Postby v1b3zman » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:40 am

"is this the product?"
Mike, thank you for your reply, yes that is the product. when you update the latest driver the midi drivers don't work. I don't think it is just a question of not finding them, because when I click on them in list when the rack loads the rack continues to load and there is still no midi data transfer.

Malcolm

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:07 am

Before I go buy one of these things, let me quiz you further.

Do the port names show up in the Preferences screens?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

v1b3zman

Postby v1b3zman » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Mike,

I have re-installed the latest driver. when i try to load the rack, the error windows says it can not find the midi driver "M-Audio FW 410 MIDI" and to select another. "FW 410 MIDI" is available in the list, and when I select it the rack continues to load, but when its finished I get no midi data tranfered to forte through the midi ports on the Fire Wire device. To answer your question it does appear in the list. But even selecting them, they do not work. Hope this helps

Malcolm

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

v1b3zman

Postby v1b3zman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:00 pm

Mike,

I feel both embarassed and relieved, but this turned out to be a hardware config issue. The latest drivers work fine. The last stagehand to help me set up pushed the midi thru button trying to power it up and did not unpush it when it didn't work. I never push that button because I don't use any midi out features on the FW 410 so I didn't think to check until now. New drivers loaded and working. they are re-named so you must select them from the list but they load and work. I'm sorry if I caused you any unnecessary consternation. thanks for your willingness to help!

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:14 am

Ahhh...good news. I hadn't ordered it yet :oops:
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”