Selecting an Audio Input peaks the bus

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

csldp03

Selecting an Audio Input peaks the bus

Postby csldp03 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:23 pm

I have an M-Audio FireWire 410. I want to set up an audio channel to add effects to an electric guitar. In my rack, I set up Bus 2 to send the output to FW 410 Multi (3) so that he sound engineer can adjust the volume of the guitar separate from the keys and vsts. I added the brainspawn Audio Input and set the bus to Bus 2. When I select the Audio Input, both Bus 1 and Bus 2 peak and stay peaked. The Audio Input Levels indicate normal levels when playing, but the sound is very garbled. I can send screen shots of my setups. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Last edited by csldp03 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeG

Re: Selecting and Audio Input peaks the bus

Postby MikeG » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:00 am

What happens when you run without an audio input (i.e. get your audio output from a softsynth?)

It sounds like some audio driver config thing. You could try raising your buffer size, or any number of the tricks in the Knowledge base or the User Manual.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

csldp03

Re: Selecting an Audio Input peaks the bus

Postby csldp03 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 pm

It runs fine with just softsynths. Also, if I have my headphones plugged into the FireWire and mute the audio input, I can hear the softsynth and the hardware synth at the same time without any distortion. Can I email my screenshots? Maybe that would help you out.

csldp03

Re: Selecting and Audio Input peaks the bus

Postby csldp03 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:24 pm

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:41 pm

I think you will have to search for audio tweaks. The choice of driver model will make a difference as the drivers vary in quality from the various vendors.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

csldp03

Postby csldp03 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:41 pm

I switched to ASIO and that fixed the problem. Thanks for the input!

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”