sound doesn't stop although switching my keyboard program

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

tomy-16

sound doesn't stop although switching my keyboard program

Postby tomy-16 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi guys,

I have worked with Forte for only a short time and now I have a problem. The combination with Forte and my keyboard (oasys) doesn't work as it should. When I try to change the program within my keyboard and I push a key at the same time, the sound continues and doesn't stop. Is there a possibility to connect Forte and my keyboard so that Forte notices if I switch and then does fullfill the command note off.

KORG OASYS Programm Change -> FORTE Note off

Thanks a lot for you help

Thomas

umd

Postby umd » Tue May 06, 2008 8:22 am

Hi!

Have you tried the "all notes off" option in Scene Commands? :D

Angel

Postby Angel » Tue May 06, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi, Tomy-16,

you say you change a program on the Oasys and the Oasys as well as Forte should kill all previously played notes, right?

Then umd is correct.

If you are familiar with the concept of scenes Forte, then forget the next paragraph, if not, read on.

You have to create some "scenes" in Forte. This can be done by clicking on the camera icon. Once pressed, a new scene, a snapshot of all current settings and sounds of all your plug-ins in Forte is created. The scenes are auto-named with the current date and time, but can be named anything you like. Double-klick on the setlist or scene name display. In the setlist manager, enable scene change on MIDI program change. Use the channel and port on which prog change messages from your master keyboard are incoming. This is the strength of Forte: To recall scenes with different plug-in settings by MIDI prog change.

In your case, change scenes in Forte with a prog change on the Oasys. In the "scene commands" tab of a plug-in, check all sounds off or all notes off on scene change. That should do it. Check the Forte manual for more infos on how MIDI prog change message correspond to Forte scenes.

BTW, most people WANT to sustain their notes on sound change, at least the release part of the already played notes ... most hardware synths do so I thought. I wonder that the Oasys really cuts sounds on prog change ?? Even my 16 years old Wavestation is able to sustain sounds on program change ...

Bye,
Angel

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”