Postby sonicbrain » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:30 pm

l.john

Re: Forte stops receiving MIDI

Postby l.john » Sun May 18, 2008 4:30 am

TomV

Postby TomV » Mon May 19, 2008 1:38 am

fab

Postby fab » Mon May 19, 2008 8:35 am

Last edited by fab on Mon May 19, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l.john

Postby l.john » Mon May 19, 2008 10:44 am

l.john

Postby l.john » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:32 am

Well,

I've tried to buy an Echo firewire hoping to solve that problem....

....unfortunately nothing has changed, and thus happened again with the new firewire card; while I'm playing, Forte stops receivng midi and have to restart the notebook.

It'll be useful if someone of the staff :evil: could give us some suggestion about this issue.

p.s. using the vsti with cubase sx 3 doesn't seem to give the same problem :roll:

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:09 am

Its clearly something involving the MIDI input subsystem.

Have you tried running MIDIOX beside forte and using its MIDI monitor? See if it stops getting data too?

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

l.john

Postby l.john » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:41 am

umd

Postby umd » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:05 am

I am wondering if unchecking that will do any change:

Free midi plugins .

l.john

Postby l.john » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:22 am

Uhhmmm :o

Interesting suggestion!!!

U could be right, also in a matter of fact I'm sure have turned off everything about power-save in my notebook.

Anyway, let's give it a try. :P

tumababa

Postby tumababa » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Good find!

I've been having problems with this as well.

I'll test that tonight at rehearsal and let you all know.

Wylany1

Postby Wylany1 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:01 am

Well, actually UF70 is my recent equipment, and today morning, trying it a bit I got the same annoing problem. In my case forte misses midi after I change a midi channel. I used to have all my vsti's on channel 1, today I tryed to swich each on different channel and shift by changing channel number on UF. Result: I could play the module from 1st channel even on channel #2 and 3, further... silence and no midi indicator flashes. Trying to go back doesn't affect at all.
Keyboard connected via widi, i'll try by usb cable and by interface and let you know my results, unless anyone has an answer for me earlier.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

fab

Postby fab » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:55 am

sorry to hear that - maybe you can try with a reliable midi interface, a MOTU or m-audio?

also, i have heard about lots of problems not only with cme usb midi drivers but also about cme hardware sending random messages (pitchbend and stuff). may you can monitor with midi ox while playing?

fab

Wylany1

Postby Wylany1 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:37 am

So... tried with korg sp200 via yamaha interface - switching successful. Next step was to check uf70 with midi ox connected via widi, usb cable and yamaha interface. Midi ox shows, that signal comes from channel #1, though i switched it. On usb cable there was no signal :roll:
Conclusion: Anyone would like to buy uf70? :D

By the way. Looks like keyboard sends random pitchbend and so but i think it is just so sensitive, that moves a bitwhen you play. You can't hear that. Display shows value 001, 008. Maybe springs are a bit loose. I don't care it too much.
Thanks for telling me about midi ox.

Amyris

Postby Amyris » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:01 pm

Hello guys,

I recently discovered something very similar. Suddenly (not while playing but while generating a new forte rack) Forte stopped playing any sound and stopped echoing incoming MIDI notes to the VSTi's and EHCo controlled hardware synths.
The problem here was believe it or not a WAVES plugin (L1 limiter) which was placed in one of the main audio out busses. I do not get it what this has to do with preventing MIDI information to be send out to VSTi's AND EHCo synths.
I deleted this plugin in the audio bus and replaced it by an freeware limiter and the problem disappeared.

So, there might be a chance that a plugin is the source of your problems!

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”