"No suitable hardware outputs ..." on a Dell lapto

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

oc

"No suitable hardware outputs ..." on a Dell lapto

Postby oc » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:12 pm

I can't start Forte on a Dell Latitude C840. The following message is displayed "No suitable hardware outputs were found". All other plugins / applications (Korg Legacy, Arturia Minimoog, East-West Stormdrum, etc.) can be played using the Intel Audio integrated audio card. What can I do ?

Angel

Postby Angel » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:42 pm

You need an ASIO compliant sound card interface. If you want to use your Dell on-board sound card look for Wuschels Asio4All driver:

http://www.asio4all.de/

For better performance you might look on USB or Firewire interfaces. Personally I recommend systems using PCMCIA card interfaces like EMU 1616, RME Multiface or the Echo Indigo IO, which is what I use since two years with excellent performance. But depends on if your Dell still has an PCMCIA slot or only the new PCI Express slots.

Regards
Angel

oc

I found the cause of the problem

Postby oc » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:21 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, but I found the cause of the problem: the audio card had the default XP driver. By downloading and installing the Dell driver it works.

By the way, I currently have an installation with a lot of vintage and hardware synths plugged into two Motu interfaces (24i and 24io) via a PCI-424 interface. I would like to connect this configuration into Forte using a Magma PCMCIA to PCI adaptor (www.magma.com). I currently (under-)use Digital Performer because of the huge surround implementation, but I would like to "migrate" to Forte.

Does someone has expertise in this kind of configuration ? Will Forte support this big number of inputs and outputs ?

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”