Issues with Arturia V Collection 5

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

sosKeys

Issues with Arturia V Collection 5

Postby sosKeys » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:23 am

I'm relatively new to V Collection, decided to get v5 when it was on promotion.

I waited until the last couple of weeks to upgrade to Windows 10. When I did, NI Pro-53 stopped working, so I decided to go straight to Prophet V3 to replace it for the one scene where I was using Pro-53. In addition, I thought it would be efficient to replace 32 bit SAM with Arturia's SEM v2 in an effort to go fully x64.

With Prophet V3, every time I loaded the scene, no sound would come out. The blob doesn't seem to contain all of the actual patch settings, leaving the oscillator mixer levels at 0. I'm pretty sure that the VCA settings were all zeroed, too. In some cases, I could go in and tweak the settings to get sound, but on a reload (after updating the scene and saving the rack), the plugin wouldn't make any sound. I was not able to test enough to light-switch the problem, but I'm certain this plugin is misbehaving.

With the SEM V2, I was having problems with another plug (Predator) not making sound even though it had worked reliably and had previously worked with SEM V2 in place. Even after a full reboot, no sound from Predator. After starting in safe mode and disabling Prophet V3 and SEM V2, Predator worked normally. Another program restart only disabling SEM V2 and Predator continued to work.

Bottom line is that the new versions of the Arturia plugs may be problematic and you should proceed with extreme caution.

-andy

sosKeys

Re: Issues with Arturia V Collection 5

Postby sosKeys » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:39 am

Confirmed on a different computer that loading a scene containing Prophet V3, at least the Mixer, Filter, and Amplifier settings are set to zero. Loading a different patch, then the original followed by changing scenes away and back again leaves the parameters intact.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:26 pm

You mention the new ones. Do you have any experience with the previous Collection (Prophet V2?) I use this and it seems to work find. Trying to clarify that its newly broken?

Might want to look at your DeviceCompatibility file. I had to doctor some of the Arturia plugs for the previous collection. May need to add this for new one too.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

sosKeys

Postby sosKeys » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:11 am

I have limited experience with the previous collection... I got it some months ago, but haven't had time to integrate it. I loaded a couple of the instruments and encountered no issues... they behaved like any other plugin. When they came out with the new suite, I (perhaps prematurely) got it on promo.

Tonight I was able to get Prophet V3 to work, though there was a new Bank User_1 in addition to the User bank. They each had a preset named for the one I had created, but the one in User had the zero values for the mixer and envelopes.

I'm not sure where to start with trying to tweak the DeviceCompatibility.xml file. Is it just a matter of trial and error for the applicable parameters?

Thanks,
-andy

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:27 am

Hi Andy,

Can you back up your device compatibility file and try this one? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/181 ... bility.xml

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

xpansion

Postby xpansion » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:25 pm

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:26 pm

Can you download this new version of the device compatibility file and see if it fixes your scene get/restore for all Arturia plugins? It may require recapturing the scenes.

http://www.brainspawn.com/documents/Dev ... bility.xml

You can place this file in your application data folder (same folder as the OPTIONS.INI file)
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

xpansion

Postby xpansion » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:31 pm

I downloaded the devicecompatability.xml file you provided. My results were mostly positive with the following exceptions.

I have not tried EVERY instrument in V Collection V, however I focused on the subset I use most of the time. That includes Arp 2600V, Analog Lab, CS-80V, Jupiter-8V, MiniV, ModularV, ProphetV, SEMV,SynclavierV and Matrix-12V. I don't have time to check every parameter on every instrument, but simply tested each of these instruments loaded up, select a preset, make a couple of modifications, update scene, save rack, move to another scene, come back and see if the modification still loads as expected. The one significant exception was ProphetV. I had set my ProphetV up in my DeviceCompatability.xml with the same settings you specify in the devicecompatability file you had me swap out with mine. The PropphetV release button does not stay selected from a scene update. All other instruments listed had good results.

Now that this particular problem is essentially working as expected given the updates to devicecompatibility.xml, I'm really hoping you can find a fix for the issue where the instrument expansion stops working on all loaded instruments :)

X

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:17 pm

Not sure I understand what is not working. I tried Prophet V3 by selecting a preset and then tweaking a knob (release) - saved the rack and reloaded. Everything came up exactly as saved.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

xpansion

Postby xpansion » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:31 pm

What would be the best way for me to show you a screenshot of what I mean? I'll try to explain better. With ProphetV, I am able to change most any control and have the scene save it and reset it successfully when going back to the scene. The one control this has NOT been the case with is the release button (which sits below the amplifier envelope attack knob and to the left of the volume knob) does not get saved and updated. I turn this 'on' (showing red) for a patch, update the scene, navigate to another scene, then navigate back and other parameters will be set as expected except for turned on release button.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:10 am

OK thanks for the additional detail. I'll check that release button specifically.

Update. Just checked it and it behaves erratically. I'll look into it further but this might be a PV bug. I saved one scene with it off and another with it on. When I switch scenes I see it light up sometimes but not others. It also blinks when I switch scenes. Seems timing related.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

xpansion

Postby xpansion » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Okay, it looks like the 'release button' issue is indeed a ProphetV issue and NOT a Forte issue. Some further digging revealed that the release button was responding to CC64 (hold/sustain pedal). This seems like pretty bizarre behavior to me. After doing a few searches on this, I found some information on the Arturia website for V Collection 4 ( ) . Essentially, the 'default' mode for ProphetV when running in Prophet5 mode is that the sustain/hold pedal (CC64) should control this release button. Personally, I think that is completely counter-intuitive. As per the documentation, you can switch the Prophet5 from 'sustain' mode to 'legacy' mode which will make CC64 correspond with the hold button (which is normal hold/sustain behavior IMHO) instead of controlling the Release button like "sustain' mode does. Whoever thought this up.... well......

Looks like that particular problem is solved by changing modes. This appears to save at some registry or global level for the ProphetV's Prophet5 mode.

I would still love to get a resolution on my issue where when I have multiple Arturia v-collection plugins loaded, the expand button for instuments stops functioning.

X

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:23 am

Thanks for the update. I've posted this KB article as a future help: http://feedback.brainspawn.com/knowledg ... les/949399 Please let me know if you find it incomplete or inaccurate.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

xpansion

Postby xpansion » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:11 am

I've reviewed the KB article and it looks accurate to me. Thanks Mike!

X

sosKeys

Postby sosKeys » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:10 am

Hi guys,

I just came back to this after some significant downtime in my band :( I'll load the device compatibility file and report any anomalies.

-andy

Return to “Plugin Issues”