Forte crashes when adding "Novation Bass Station"

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

liveplayer

Forte crashes when adding "Novation Bass Station"

Postby liveplayer » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Although I remember to got this working two weeks ago, Forte currently crashes when adding the "Novation Bass Station 2.1" in a rack. I have the latest "Forte" installed and use the x64-version of the plugin.

The plugin itself exists in two versions: one "normal" version and one "stereo-version". When adding the stereo-version, everything works like a dream. When adding the "normal" version, I get problems. Same behaviour on another computer: Forte crashes and asks to send a bug-report, which I already did.

Perhaps this can be solved? Are there more people with this problem?

Angel

Re: Forte crashes when adding "Novation Bass Station"

Postby Angel » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:30 am

Hi,

I think it is because of the internal architecture of Forte which is stereo. Why not using the stereo version and everything is OK?

Angel

liveplayer

Re: Forte crashes when adding "Novation Bass Station"

Postby liveplayer » Wed May 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi Angel, and thanks for your answer!

Indeed, using the stereo-version, the problem is solved. I just wonder why some plugins work perfectly and others "kill" Forte shortly after they were loaded or make the rack extremely unstable. I am not a programmer, but - just for general understanding - are there different ways of programming a plugin? Isn't the brand "VST" something with certain "specifications" the programers of the plugins have to adhere to? Although the plugins have the same VST-Version, some work, some don't. Would just interest me why the standards for VST-plugins vary that much (also other plugins, not only "Novation Bass Station").

Return to “Plugin Issues”