J's midi tool & Forte 4

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

pchanez

J's midi tool & Forte 4

Postby pchanez » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:22 pm

I have issue with the J's tool since I migrate to Forte 4 64 bits (on Windows 8.1).

First the plugin are detected as effect, secondly when I try to instance them Forte crashes ... Any suggestion ?
--------------------------------------------------------------
keyboard of dDT (Dream Theater Cover band):
http://www.ddtmusic.ch

sosKeys

Re: J's midi tool & Forte 4

Postby sosKeys » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:28 am

I'm not having any issues with jBridge on either of my systems, but both are running Win7 SP1 x64.

pchanez

Postby pchanez » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:10 am

JBridge is working fine, not the midi tools
--------------------------------------------------------------
keyboard of dDT (Dream Theater Cover band):
http://www.ddtmusic.ch

Xenophile

Postby Xenophile » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:46 am

I tried using J's Aftertouch-to-CC plugin. It only shows up in Forte as an effect, and crashes Forte when I try to load it. I tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of J's Midi Tools with the same result. Emailed Joao, and he replied, saying he'd look into it. What I want to do is use after touch to control NI B4 II Leslie speed.

sosKeys

Postby sosKeys » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:01 am

I use Aftertouch to CC x64 on my dedicated music system and the computer I use at home to try things out. Both are Win7 x64 and neither has any problem running the plug-in as an instrument.

Xenophile

Postby Xenophile » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:07 am

Hm. I'm running Win 7 Professional x64 on an Asus laptop (i5), with Forte 4. After touch to CC doesn't appear in the list of instruments... It is only appearing in the list of effects.

sosKeys

Postby sosKeys » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:53 am

Same OS version but I'm on a somewhat older quad core Xeon in a rack mount... I doubt that makes a difference. Have you tried fiddling with the plugin in the Plugin Manager? Try doing a rescan on it, particularly if it is in the ignored list.

-andy

Xenophile

Postby Xenophile » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:02 am

Still no love. It does appear in the Plugin Manager list. Not in the Ignored list. Tried removing and rescanning plugins. Same thing. It does not appear in the Add Instruments list... Just the effects list, where it crashes Forte if I try to insert it. If I do a Search I find it in the list with the other instruments, but if I try to insert it, Forte crashes. I'll try it in my home studio desktop machine... But I want it on my laptop for gigs.

I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, though. It needs to go "upstream" of B4. Do I have to set up a virtual midi port to route the midi output of the converter to the midi input of B4? I did try assigning the input of B4 to a virtual midi port before trying to add the converter as an instrument (selecting it via the search window), but it still crashed.

Xenophile

Postby Xenophile » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:15 am

I got another email from Joao. Looks like a fix is on the way. I don't understand why it is working for sosKeys, but not pchanez or me.
"I found the problem ... is related with the GUI API I used to write the plugin.
So, I will need to rewrite that portion of the code ... I'll get this fixed during the next days "

Xenophile

Postby Xenophile » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Received an updated .dll from Joao, but it still isn't working for me. Now it imports into Forte 4 as an instrument, but the output seems it can only be assigned to an audio bus.
I would think I need to create a virtual midi port on the input of Native Instruments B4II, and assign the midi output of the AfterTouchToCC plugin to that. I can' figure out how to make it work. :(

Return to “Plugin Issues”