KONTAKT forgets to load the instrument

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Furillo

KONTAKT forgets to load the instrument

Postby Furillo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:38 am

Hi!

I have a rack with only K5, around 15 instances. When I load the rack some instances are "empty", i.e. K5 GUI is there, as are all the scene settings I've made, but the instrument in K5 hasn't loaded. If I manually load the missing instruments all is fine, but next time I load the rack it's the same story all over again.
I think it's random what instances aren't loaded, but I need to check that when I get home from work.
Any clue to what causes this?

TIA,

/Mattias
Hardware: HP Spectre x360 i7 8GB 512GB, 2 x M-Audio Keystation 61, Roland UM-One, Kenton Midi Merge-4, Roland Integra-7, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack
Software: Forte 4, EHCo, NI Komplete 9 + some extras, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Keyscape

DarkKman

Re: KONTAKT forgets to load the instrument

Postby DarkKman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:40 am

I'm afraid I don't have a solution however I do have a similar problem with one of my Kontakt Instruments: AOEN Melodic.

Now matter what configuration I use when I change scenes and return to a scene with that instrument I can see the GUI, the MIDI config is all correct, but no sound. I need to manually reload the instrument. To be honest I've just learned to live with it but generally that means not using that instrument live which is probably not the right attitude (and an expensive attitude at that).

So just really confirming your issue (or something very similar).

Furillo

Postby Furillo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:08 am

In my case I have four instances of NI Session Strings. Two of them will load, the others will not. Same with NI Vintage Keys. The Clavinet and the Wurly load, the Rhodes don't.
Same all the time, not random as I thought in my previous post.
If I go and copy module, all instances reload fine, so at least that's better than to load each instance manually. But when I save, close and re-open the rack it's back to zero again.
I think this started when I reordered the instances in rack editor, but that's a guess.
I'll create a new test rack with all these instruments and see if it behaves the same.
Hardware: HP Spectre x360 i7 8GB 512GB, 2 x M-Audio Keystation 61, Roland UM-One, Kenton Midi Merge-4, Roland Integra-7, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack
Software: Forte 4, EHCo, NI Komplete 9 + some extras, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Keyscape

Furillo

Postby Furillo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:48 am

No issues with the new test rack. I haven't changed the order of the instruments in this rack (if that was even the issue before).

Return to “Plugin Issues”