NI Maschine 2.0

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Bgober

NI Maschine 2.0

Postby Bgober » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Is anybody using Native Instruments Maschine 2.0 in Forte 3 64bit. I am having mixed success with this. Occasionally when switching scenes I'll get a c++ error. After I restart Forte it's usually fine but I'm not confident it won't error during a performance.

speedinator

Re: NI Maschine 2.0

Postby speedinator » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:57 am

unfortunately i had similar problems using my maschine in v 2.0... i will give it another shot later this day or tomorrow and report.

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:34 am

I've noticed that if I reload my rack after the initial crash it seems to stabilize. I've run a couple of stress test on the rack after reloading it and it does not fail. I've sent a few crash reports to Mike. Hopefully this is something simple. Having Maschine being controlled by Forte is very useful and cool. I downloaded the latest trial version of Cantabile Performer thinking I could run an instance of that to control Maschine. This works and is stable but I really prefer working in Forte. Having everything all in one rack is much more manageable and I have become very comfortable with Forte. Love it. BTW, I'm running Forte 3 64bit Version 3.2 Build 16.3076.

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 pm

I have an update for this issue. I was wrong about the problem going away after you reload the rack after a crash. this issue does not occur as quickly but it does occur. This is unfortunate and it looks like the Cantabile option is back on the table unless Mike is willing to look into this and find a solution.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Have you been able to submit any crash reports from this problem after it crashes? I haven't found anything in the bug reporting system with Maschine in the description

Mik
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:28 pm

I thought I had done that already but just in case I sent one tonight. Please let me know if you received it. Thank you.

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Mike,

Did you receive the crash report? Any updates on a possible solution?

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:52 pm

I did (crash id = 1288) but the crash signature is in Maschine itself, not in Forte. I'm afraid you will need to get NI to look at this. Have you tried the various plugin troubleshooting tips on the wiki?

https://brainspawn.fogbugz.com/default. ... itle_index

Sent from my HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC using Tapatalk
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Tue May 06, 2014 8:01 pm

It seems I may have fixed this issue by following Mike's direction. I set the Machine 2.0 to "Do not set per-Scene plugin configuration" and seems to have solved the issue. I've am having a different issue now. That will be another thread. Thanks Mike. Should have looked at the troubleshooting tips in the first place.

Return to “Plugin Issues”